140 Proof Labs is proud of the work we’ve done to optimize our Relevance Engine and our API to serve our social advertising customers and partners. As part of our work with the Blended Interest Graph, the virtual diagram of connections to what we love, we rely on New Relic as part of a suite of technology that makes our product the most performant in social advertising.
Using a combination of New Relic’s Transaction Traces, Average Response Time monitoring, Apdex score, we were able to realize a four-fold improvement in response time since its launch in 2010.
- The Challenge: delivering the most relevant ad as fast as possible
- The Dataset: the Blended Interest Graph
- The Target: 30 ms response time
- The Technology: Ruby, Rails, Redis, Resque, Memcache, MySQL, Nginx,
- Unicorn, Git, and Pivotal Tracker
Here’s a snippet of the in-depth case study on 140 Proof’s New Relic implementation, from the New Relic blog:
Using the Interest Graph to develop persona based online ad marketing programs is a classic big data analysis challenge. New Relic helps the team move quickly to proactively identify and correct problems before they reach the production environment.
“Our company is built around engineering culture,” comments CTO John Manoogian III. “We believe in building, doing, measuring, and iterating. Engineers like to own their destiny, including the performance of their code. New Relic’s web UI makes it easy for us to link responsibility for performance to the team through every step of the lifecycle. It’s definitely saved us headcount and salary dollars, but most of all, the ownership and accountability that every engineer has just makes us better. New Relic is critical in that process since it provides every engineer the information they need about their code and how it performs.”
- Should You Put an Ad on It? 3 Traits of Apps That Succeed with Advertising
- [TechCrunch] How Free Apps Can Make More Money Than Paid Apps
- 140 Proof Labs: We’re Hiring
- The 140 Proof App Monetization site
Posted In technology